Whether you have already chosen to live in one of our luxury properties by the sea or are thinking of doing so… here are 7 tips which will make your life easier when it comes to making the move. Take note… and begin enjoying the enviable Mediterranean climate from your new home on the Costa Blanca!
- If there are any changes that you want to make in your new home, the ideal time to do them is before you move in; when the property is empty you won’t have to spend time moving or covering your furniture and other objects, making the process easier for everyone. You can consult our professionals who will help and advise you at all times so that your home is just as you dreamed it would be. In addition, you can also choose to make use of our interior decorating service so that you will feel at home as soon as you arrive.
- Take advantage of the move to throw out clothes and objects that you no longer use. There are a variety of methods for organising personal objects that can help you to decide what is not necessary. For example, the Konmari method created by Marie Kondo is one of the world’s most famous organisational systems which has become a way of life based on order. It could be very useful for getting rid of those things that you don’t use anymore!
- Start to pack at least a month before your move. As this is an arduous process that can be stressful, it’s best to do it little by little to avoid unnecessary tension.
- Before starting to pack, prepare everything that you need: boxes and packages of different sizes, protective materials for the most fragile objects (such as bubble wrap), etc. It’s important to wrap objects well to avoid any damage. There are companies dedicated to packing, so don’t hesitate to call them if you need a hand!
- Don’t close the boxes until they are full. It’s best to place objects of the same type (bathroom, kitchen, bedroom) in the same box to make them easier to find later.
- Make an inventory of your boxes. We advise numbering them and writing a list of the objects in each box. This system will make it easier to organise your things so that you know where priority objects are as well as ensure that nothing is lost during the move. Once everything is packed up, check all the rooms to make sure that nothing important has been left behind.
- Choose a good moving company. Remember that it is important to sign a contract and have a liability insurance policy in place to cover the loss of or damage to your possessions or any unexpected problems during the course of the move.
If you would like more information about our properties or advice about your move to your new VAPF home, fill in our contact form! We will be delighted to help you.